The Alliance for Musical Education has become an Amazon Associate. That means that for any purchase made on Amazon through the links below, the band and color guard will receive between 4% – 6% of the purchase price.
So before you make a purchase at Amazon, click through from here and help support the band!
Everything on Amazon
Best Sellers in Musical Instruments
It’s going to be another nice warm day, perfect for a visit to the Yogurt Barn. Attached is the flyer for your printing pleasure. They give 25% of your total back to the band. See you there!
Here is a link to the flyer.
Thank you for your support,
Due to an RUSD teacher scheduling conflict, there will be no rehearsal tomorrow on Monday, August 18. Wednesday, August 20th rehearsal from 8 – 11 am will remain. So, enjoy your Monday off. We’ll see you on Wednesday at 8:00 am sharp.
You are cordially invited to attend the “Preview Concert” at the PAC at OPMS on Friday night at 6:00 (students are dismissed from rehearsal at 3:00 pm and report for concert warm-up at 5:30 pm).
Our students have worked so hard this summer and are looking forward to the annual end of band camp “Overnighter” scheduled to take place after the preview concert on Friday evening.
HOWEVER, are still in need of chaperones for the evening. Please let us know if you can help out. You can contact Mary Hopperton or sign up on Volunteer Spot at http://vols.pt/M1eUEc.
Alliance for Music Education, President
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to chaperone band camp activities so far and have come to help with fittings. Many hands make for easy work.
We only have one more activity that needs chaperones – the “overnighter.” The Hopperton’s have generously offered the use of their house again, but cannot be expected to stay up all night to chaperone students by themselves. Please log on to Volunteer Spot or call Mary if you can help out with these shifts. If we don’t have coverage, we’ll have to cancel this fun and much anticipated event for the students.
If you need to contact Mary directly please call or email. 619 203 1202.
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for August Volunteer requests – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/M1eUEc
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Thanks in advance for your continued support as we head into the 2014-2015 Band and Guard journey.
Here are two related sites on Facebook:
First, we were unable to secure a doctor who do physicals for Ticket to Play. If you have timeline insuruance issues, “Minute Clinic” at CVS is a good place to start. North County Healthy Services may also be a place to check.
Next, here is an updated list of events coming up…
- Today, Thurs. 8/7 – OPTIONAL – Drum Corp International finals live feed showing of Big, Loud, & Live at Edwards theaters at 3:30. ALL STUDENTS WILL BE DISMISSED AT 2:00 TODAY.
- Friday 8/8 Dismissal at 3:00. Movie night at my house 1318 Keyser Rd. from 7:30 – 9:30.
- Monday 8/11 Sophomore uniform fittings at 5:00
- Tuesday 8/12 Freshmen uniform fittings at 5:00
- Wednesday 8/13 Swim night from 7-8:30 at the Hopperton’s at 16997 Sky Valley Dr.
- Thursday 8/14 Make-ups for uniform fittings at 5:00
- Friday 8/15 Dismissal at 3:00, Preview concert at 6:00, overnighter at 9:00 also at the Hopperton’s
- Monday 8/18 Rehearsal 8-11
- Wednesday 8/20 Rehearsal 8-11
- Saturday 8/23 Bella Mia hair cut fundraiser (times TBA)
- Monday 8/25 First day of school!